• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
soarah

trying to load converted 3d model (in XNA)

This topic is 3644 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I used Pandasoft (http://www.andytather.co.uk/Panda/directxmax.aspx) to convert a 3D studio max model to DirectX format (.x). But as I am trying to load it I get 1 warning and 1 error. Warning 1 Mipmapped texture will not work on all graphics cards. This image is sized 245x50, but many cards do not support mipmapped textures that are not a power of two in size. D:\Game\Content\taxisped.bmp Error 2 Invalid texture. Face 0 is sized 245x50, but textures using DXT compressed formats must be multiples of four. D:\Game\Content\taxisped.bmp Any ideas?

Advertisement
I think the solution is quite obvious. Use a texture that has dimensions that are divisible by four. Those error messages are extraordinarily clear and informative.

Quote:
Original post by Mike.Popoloski
I think the solution is quite obvious. Use a texture that has dimensions that are divisible by four. Those error messages are extraordinarily clear and informative.

Yeah I gathered this much. I didn't make the 3D model its a freely available one, so I cant go playing around with the textures I would imagine.

Quote:
I cant go playing around with the textures

Why not? DirectX isn't going to care. Resize the existing texture or create a new one.

Also I think Panda has an option about the automatically resizing the textures to the power of 2, right in the exporter.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!