• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
littlekid

Directx10 Map(), or UpdateSubresouce()

This topic is 3762 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I currently have a dynamic buffer, which holds data like instances information. Which method should I use to populate my ID3D10Buffer: Map(), or UpdateSubresource()?

Advertisement
Dynamic buffers are always filled with Map/Unmap. UpdateSubresource is used for default resources.

if your data is laid exactly the way the resource stores it, use ID3D10Device::UpdateSubresource, otherwise, use a Map method.

Quote:

if your data is laid exactly the way the resource stores it, use ID3D10Device::UpdateSubresource, otherwise, use a Map method.

What do you mean by laid exactly the way the resource stores it?

I do not know :D
I make a copy-paste from Direct3D10 documentation.

I can't understand the phrase, but i thought it was a my problem for bad english.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!