• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PiotrTarasov

PS-EXE TO CD-R ???

This topic is 3725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I made this test app for my Playstation1 (PSX), currently it is in a PS-EXE state or just an exe file. It runs on ePSXe emulator perfectly, but I need it to be working on my PSX, running from a CD-R disk. How do I convert my PS-EXE file into usual PSX game files like "System SpeedDial" etc. Or maybe I can burn a pure exe into a CD using Playstation options? Thanks in Advance, Peter

Advertisement
don't bother, solved it..
seems like all you need is to make that SYSTEM.CNF(similar to autorun.bat, only for PSX) file and burn it along with your PS-X EXE as a Playstation using Alcohol 120%, AND it'll start up the game automatically..

Thanks Anyway,
Peter

wow didnt know that was possible...so its like you make a program for the psx in your pc then you just need to burn it on a cd and you can use it to your psx??although it would need a modified psx...

@PiotrTarasov what tools did you use to make that??is it easy to install and configure??can it be use on windows??? show some pics of your demo =)

yeah... I also want to know.

And if it doesnt need a hacked psx would it run on a ps3? (Even if it had to run on the psx emulator).

Yours Truly
K

@BloodWarrior: i think this method really needs a hacked psx because it involves burning the software to a cd-r..AFAIK psx doesn't read this kind of ccds unless you modified/hacked your psx don't know about the ps3 thing but on the emulator it works according to the OP
Quote:
It runs on ePSXe emulator perfectly, but I need it to be working on my PSX, running from a CD-R disk.

anyone who knows this method kindly feel free to explain to us how this(making a PS-EXE in pc..ill try googling also) is done thanks

Well the Playstation 1 has been documented very well. It's CPU is a MIPS R3000, and there are a few assemblers for it, and you can use GCC to compile c.

Some playstation technical documents are listed here: http://www.zophar.net/tech/psx.html

And some demo PSX source code can be found here: http://hitmen.c02.at/html/psx_sources.html

As far as running your game on an actual Playstation, you'll need either a modchip or a special CD.

EDIT: The Playstation uses "bad blocks" to prevent anyone from making Playstation CDs. No CD drive will write bad blcks, but the Playstation will not run without them. I'll have to look into Alcohol 120%, though.

Quote:
Original post by phazmatis
No CD drive will write bad blcks

Most consumer drives will not write them. There are some which will. There is also a wide range of 'professional' drives that will write them.

Those that will write them require software that allows it, such as Alcohol 120% or SlySoft's clone products.

Those software can often emulate bad and weak blocks when the drive doesn't support it, but it isn't as good as the real thing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!