• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Antonios

UI dev questions?

This topic is 3739 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a UI designer for my company using tools like Fireworks to create mock-ups with the final product being created with html, css and the rest known tech, while recently picked up Adobe's Flex. I have been designing UI's for some time now and it was my thesis in my MSc so I have experience in the field. However, I am using web technologies mostly. I want to make the jump to UI for games slowly at start so that is why I am posting in this forum. I am patient and dont want to start asking things like how fast I am going to learn and in general unrealistic questions. I want to learn with a steady pace and most importantly using the right way. I would like to be able to use a high level language if possible since as you might deduct from the work experience I work mainly with mark-up languages but I do have extensive knowledge of Actionscript and I wouldnt mind picking a new language as well. I would be grateful for any insight on the current trends when designing and developing UI's for games. I have heard that some of them were built using Flash. Nevertheless, any information would be valuable.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!