• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RMD77

Hi all

This topic is 3649 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey , Right OK , me and a few mates are going to college soon, to do a game design course .To get into this course we have to show off what we can do in a portfolio. I have a good game idea and would like to make a short demo of it for this portfolio ,so i really stand out from the crowd. How can i go about this i was thinking of just using another engine like the crysis engine or something and making a whole level mod that was tootaly different what do you guys think ? Thnx Ross.

Advertisement
Depending on how long you have and the fact it is a game design course (which I personally don't think is a good idea) and not a game development course, Level Designs for common engines/games would be nice or if you wanted to make a complete game, consider using GameMaker for ease.

Personally I'd look at just doing a Half-Life 2 mod using the source engine. Probably the quickest and dirtiest way to get something for a game design portfolio.

Forgot to ask, could you tell us what course and college you are applying for? Purely out of curiosity as they are asking for a portfolio.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!