• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ttdeath

Animation export from 3D Studio Max to DirectX

This topic is 3738 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am trying to use the Panda exporter to export a 3D model from 3D Studio Max 7.0 to .X file format. My model is of a guitarist playing and the animation is simple hand waving and body rocking rhythmically. I test by loading the file in the DirectX SDK's sample called SkinnedMesh but it only works when I don't choose in the plugin to export animation for this character, or when I export simpler characters, such as 3D Max animated character tutorials. Can you please help me find a way to export this character to .X file? Even if by not using Panda, which is I think the only reasonable exporter out there for .X files. Or, is there any LGPL code for loading animated models directly from a .3ds file and displaying them using DirectX? Or from other format than both .3ds and .x, a format to which the 3D studio Max exporters are kinder. If there is anyone who can help, I can send you the .max file, but you'd have to promise to delete it once you finish, as I have bought this model (it's a cheap commercial model from TurboSquid). This is for a commercial project of mine gone awry. If you want, I can probably pay around 100$ for someone to sort the animations out. Thanks a lot.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!