• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
smc

[web] Form POST issue

This topic is 3816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a page that posts two files to a PHP script which creates a script from these files. The page also has some javascript to further modify the generated data that is returned within a textarea. The problem is the button that does the javascript modification also posts back to the server. It is not within the form tags. The only thing I can think is there are some unclosed tags that are causing the issue (such as an unclosed table tag). If I move it just after the body tag, which is before the form tag, then everything is OK. Am I right in assuming the problem is with some unclosed tags?

Advertisement
If you return false from the onclick handler of the button that should cancel its POST action. Having said that, though, I find your post very difficult to understand. I'm not really sure what your HTML source looks like or what unclosed tags have to do with this issue.

If I understood your problem right, maybe you are using <input type="submit"> where you intended to use <input type="button">

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!