• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
stringa

Weird results from textureCube...

This topic is 3643 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just tried loading up a cubemap. First, it seems that the top and bottom textures need to be switched from what GL_CUBEMAP_NEGATIVE_Y and POSITIVE_Y logically should be. All that asside, my top and bottom textures seem to be textured wrong along the u-direction and possible the v. For some reason, my buddy thinks he had the same problem too and I'm not sure how to fix it at the moment. FYI: I am using NVIDIA's textues that they have provided with the cubemap tutorial. In order to get it to look correct, I have to flip the images in paint horizontally and vertically. I also have to negate the y-coord. in the textureCube() lookup to get the correct results. [Edited by - stringa on June 28, 2008 5:31:26 PM]

Advertisement
GL uses the right hand coordinate system, for example when you use glRotatef.
By default, X goes to the right, Y is up and Z comes out of the screen.
For the cubemaps, they decided that it would use the left handed system. Z goes into the screen.

Quote:
I am using NVIDIA's textues that they have provided with the cubemap tutorial.

Well, just change it for your own purposes.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!