Find out what graphics card they have or generic video driver

Started by
3 comments, last by EmptyVoid 15 years, 10 months ago
My sister is quite a distance away, so I can't look at the computer myself, but this seems to be the situation. The computer was accidently bumped into (power button was hit), and when they turned it back on the icons were larger, and pictures were grainy. As far as I can tell it sounds like the video drivers went bye-bye, or something along the lines to cause the computer to revert back to a lower color depth and resolution. Although, they said their background picture was gone, I think they said it was replaced by just a blue background. Their using Windows 2000 I think, or XP. So I have them look at the Device Managar, and there's no "Display Adapters" or anything that she thought would be similar. Under Display in "dxdiag", under name it says VGA and under chip type it says N/A. From what she described too on the back of the computer and through the side window, it's an external graphics card. It's probably from around 2002-2003 or earlier, since that's when the computer was put together by our dad. No one knows what the graphics card was, and they don't have any drivers CD. So, I was wondering if theres anyway to find out what the graphics card is or some sort of generic video driver.
Advertisement
INT 0x10, AX=0x4F00, will probably tell you something about the OEM and model if the card still works.
The trial edition of Everest Ultimate Edition will tell you what hardware is in the computer.
dxdiag?
Well clearly it went to safe mode... Tell them to restart it...
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight club

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement