Multiplayer Carmen Sandiago

Started by
0 comments, last by Andruil 15 years, 9 months ago
The old Carmen Sandiego PC games had you chasing around the world after Carmen's henchmen. I want to mix the whodunit feel of the old Clue books/game with Carmen Sandiego's globe trotting and allow you to play with your friends. Some of the points I intend to focus on: -Short, round based game play (5-10 minutes) -Semi-persistent (think Counter-Strike) cash -The winner of each round will receive a cash bonus -Traveling to major locations around the world following leads and other players -2-4 venues at each location with which players can interact -Each player has certain physical attributes that they can be identified by Things still up in the air: -Platform: MUD? Flash/Flex? Downloadable Client? Java? -Interface look/feel? -A second resource: trust? -How will clues be distributed? -How can the criminal cover his/her tracks? -Will the identity of criminal be initially obvious? -Will all players start in the same location? What do you guys think? Give me any feed back you can please.
Advertisement
I used to play the carmen sandiego games as a kid and I loved them. I think the concept here could be a great one.

That being said what is the point of cash? What are the rewards to playing? What is there to keep people playing?

So for the rewards in the original game as you solved more crimes they got more and more difficult and after so many you got to take a test to rank up. What would your system do?

Also how would multiplayer work? Is it going to be the same thing as the original game but with multiple people thinking on the same information?

It definately sounds interesting.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement