• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DancinZerg

Intresting Console Game?

This topic is 3816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a more basic question to ask, and that's if a game could possibly be interesting if its only a console app, (black and white with only text) it seems that it would hard to do that with today's audience, normally expecting a graphically heavy game, and here you have a game that has none...

Advertisement
Sure, it's possible. There's still quite a following for rogue-like game such as nethack and interactive fiction games like zork.

console games arent that appealing to me to play, but i dont play that many games anyway, but its worth making games in console, to practise your programming skills!

For example im using console to practise maze generating using prim's algorithm, im using a table of numbers on several lines in console to show where the walls of my maze are. Its a step towards graphical programming because you can use this code later, once you know graphic programming.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!