3D Geometry Theory

Started by
2 comments, last by Daerax 15 years, 9 months ago
Hey all, I'm doing a assignment which involves writing the advantages and dis-advantages of 3D Geometry Theory, but i don't understand what this is and only get useless websites when i google it. Can someone please explain it and give me some pros and cons or give me a link. Many Thanks Ant :)
Advertisement
This doesn't make much sense. Theory *is*. It has no advantages or disadvantages.
Perhaps you have a different understanding of what '3D geometry theory' is, because as Antheus says, your question seems to make no sense (what are the advantages and disadvantages of mathematical theory?)

Why don't you describe to us what you are thinking of when you say '3D geometry theory' and we'll see what we can do.
The advantage of theory is that it is abstract and allows you to zoom out and focus on the big picture, discovering and making conjectures that are broad and of wide significance. It saves you time.

The disadvantage of theory is that when you zoom out you lose a lot of detail. So all the elegant bits must be whacked into a more practical shape because unfortunately a spherical cow is not quite the same as a grass eating cow.
----EDIT

But your question, 3D geometry theory is not theory.

Its an applied subject area. They solve problems, they dont talk about how it should be solvable or why you cant solve it because you can do this one thing in a certain way.

But there are disadvantages and advantages to using rasterization techniques, as there are for raytracing methods.

[Edited by - Daerax on June 30, 2008 10:22:54 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement