• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MarijnStevens

How to calculate the destination area of an image.

This topic is 3734 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all, I thought this post should be posted here, because its more about algorithms and not so much about games. However my problem does contains spritesheets. I have some sprite sheets, and I wanted to make an algorithm that detect all images on the large sprite sheet, and while doing it saving the information to an array (the left side, top, width, height). After that I can use the array to generate animation files and other nice stuff. I don't like editing the sprites, but that is also besides the point. However I always end up with weird results, for example the left side is not the real xposition, but just his shoe's xposition for example. Currently I only tried doing it pixel by pixel ( until I saw a pixel that didn't was the "transparent" color. ), so no Neural Networks or anything like that, but it seems way harder. So perhaps there are people here with some more knowledge and experience who know some algorithm to do just that. language is not so important. I would like any comment.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!