• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Davichito

Game Design of a new 2D platformer like Mario Bros

This topic is 3816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am planning to create a 2D platformer in the style of Super Mario Bros or Supertux (obviously not that good). The game will have a science fiction story in the far future, an interstellar hyperspace adventure. The character will fight on a green planet (taken by green nanobots). The game will try to start small, be very basic and it will grow in complexity when needed. I will make the game in python, but C++ or Java are other options. The main place for making the game and the official site for the team is at: http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/kalid2Dgame Feel free to go there and if you want to join, contact me at davichito@yahoo.com for me to invite you to join the team and start coding and having fun. Every comment is appreciated and the game is on initial stages, so you can help with game design too, besides programming. I need people with knowledge in any of these subjects: game programming (of course), physics, AI, events, gfx, sound, etc.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!