• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mychii

any resources for real-time rendering techniques (SDL / OpenGL) ??

This topic is 3815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi!, It's been long I never post here (or only once >.<) .. this time I post! :) I'm going to take a real-time rendering & 3d graphics programming course (advanced computer graphics) because I want to go deep in it (i like it, but I was lazy back then .. screw me :( ) .. I still have less than 30 days to review everything I need to get into it.. Can I get any recommendation from you guys about any books/articles I could review as quick as less than 30 days before I learn this course (start from the bottom, like basic C++)? I have checked library everyday looking for good books that I could review but still I'm confused which are better to start.. thanks for the help :)

Advertisement
You're going to go from basic C++ to advanced computer graphics in 30 days? Good luck.

I would suggest you check out the course resources. Chances are that the professor has put up a list of literature and resources on the course webpage. That literature is very likely to cover what you need to pass the course. Start there.

For C++, take a look at the free books in my sig.

For the math part, There's a long sample chapter here that covers vectors, probably with a more geometric emphasis than most linear algebra books, so it can be very useful. Also, there's an excellent sample chapter here that gives an introduction to matrices, including ways to think about them geometrically. This last part is extremely important for computer graphics and is very well explained (probably the best explanation I've ever seen).

One other potentially useful resource is these applets which demonstrate some computer graphics concepts interactively.

Finally, you'll probably be using OpenGL, in which case the red book will be very useful (despite the fact that the online version is very old). Chapter 3 in particular is a must-read.

Quote:
Original post by Hnefi
You're going to go from basic C++ to advanced computer graphics in 30 days? Good luck.

I would suggest you check out the course resources. Chances are that the professor has put up a list of literature and resources on the course webpage. That literature is very likely to cover what you need to pass the course. Start there.

haha yeah.. I actually just wanted to review all of them.. because since when I took the c++ course (including opengl introduction, suddenly the next 2 semester course packages are using java and no c/c++ course available during that time, so I left them for a while (a year.. ) .. and here goes advanced computer graphics available :D.

by the way, i'll try to look at the resources you guys have referred to me hehe.. thanks alot! :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!