Compile Problem

Started by
4 comments, last by Hnefi 15 years, 9 months ago
Alright, totally new problem. I dont know whats up but my source code (in a project that I am working on) actually dosen't change the .exe when I build and run. I use the Codeblocks IDE and the only way I can fix it is by restarting, but it eventually does it again. Anybody got an idea about what could be going on?
Advertisement
What if you just delete the EXE file?

This can happen if the time-stamps on your files get screwed up - if the compiler looks as the EXE and sees that it's newer than the source, then it won't bother compiling the source code.
Yeah, attempted that but vista wont let me delete it =( it i need 'permission' but the funny thing is, i'm admin!
Go to Control Panel -> Security -> Security Center and turn off User Account Control so you can do it without permission (as an admin).
Probably your EXE is still running. It's normal for any NT based Windows to protect the running EXE from changing. Try to shut it down from the task manager.
That usually means that the program is still executing. If you have shut down the program, that probably means you have a bug that prevents the program from actually shutting down and it is instead running in the background. That's why you don't have permission to edit or delete the binary.

On Windows, simply bring up the task manager (ctrl-alt-del), click on the "processes" tab, and you'll see at least one instance of your exe file still running. Shut it down through the task manager.

EDIT: Too slow.
-------------Please rate this post if it was useful.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement