• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
velentry

Help with game

This topic is 3795 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hiya people, not sure if i have posted in the right section sorry if i haven't admin, but i was just wandering if anyone wanted to help create this game idea that i have got and probably like almost everyone i can create meshes, skeletons, texturing, rigging using Maya but unfortunately like most things i have found while searching high and low i don't know how to script...and thats a kind of big thing XD so basically i was just wandering if anyone wanted to help i myself have had an attempt at scripting.....but err how do i put this....it was a lot harder then i first expected.. but here is the idea for the game, it would be a MMORPG (yes i know its everyones worst nightmare)but unlike most MMORPG where you fight on the same screen you walk around in if that makes sense i want to make characters go into a turn based battle scene still fully 3D though, but then at the same time i was hoping that it would be possible to allow people (who are on your friendlist) to come and join in with the fight for example. Ok so hopefully that would be the battle system...hope your still with me.... as for leveling up unlike the usual where the player goes to the character window and for example puts 5 points on strength i would want that to go up at a set amount depending on the class you choose. But lol bet you all love me :P in order to attain new skills, stats, magic and summons the player must attain a certain item in the field from either completing quests or defeating bosses to move around a grid and unlock these. Now in order to stop low level players having the best magic for example straight away i was thinking that more and more of the grid becomes unlocked as you level up. The good thing about this i feel that for example if you where a summoner for example you would start off with one summon and straight away they have two choices level up the low level summon (which could become powerful if people stick with it) or go attain another summon that is more powerful to begin with but stays around that sort of power.....hope you understand And thats really the main system that i can think of at the moment aside from that if we where to make the game personally i would want to make a much more immersive community to do this hopefully there could be weekly events (taking an idea from .hack sorry) such as riddles where any players new or old can goto certain areas and try and get the prize for example they might have to dig up pumpkins some of them being traps some of them the item... Not sure if you understand that last bit i'm not to sure either :P but anyways please let me know if you are interested in helping create this game even people who are like me who only know how to do anything with 3D models please let me know the more we get on board the easier it is bound to be. Oh and i am still trying to learn some scripting but i know im pretty much no where up the standard i would need to be Hope to speak to you soon Vel

Advertisement
Hello.

Please read the sticky: "Going to post your game idea? Read this first".
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=260813

Point #1 regards posting of MMO idea topics.

heya,

sorry about that, also by reading that little link you gave me kinda made me realize how much money and resources i would need, i have decided to start making my own small RPG with the same elements apart from the fact that people can come in at any point, just means i have to learn programming properly now...but at the end of the day it is kind of essential so im all for it

Sorry guys if you thought oh god just another wannabe :)

Vel

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!