Rookie Game Maker user looking for co-author

Started by
4 comments, last by Xenocore 15 years, 9 months ago
Greetings. Im starting my first game maker project. I already have fleshed out the core of my design doc, just need a hand organizing and basic idea execution in Game Maker 7. Are there any users that can give me some insight in how to set up my systems to be implemented in GM7? Any assistance would be most appreciated. Sincerely, Xenocore PS, hopefully, once that is at least in its alpha version, i can get a sprite artist or two to start working on stuff. :-)
Advertisement
Some folks may have gotten the idea that im doing this as a normal, FOR SALE, project at the end.

This would be my first game. From concept to finished project. Im just looking to get a project completed. If i can get a hold of a game engine for my next idea, Great. But i wanted to start with something with an easy scripting form (for me) that other newbies could work together on. Since my idea is a rehash of existing stuff with a few extra concepts, i was only really looking for 1 or 2 people.

I will of course, take whatever help i can get, but since game maker was easy for me to pick up, i was hoping there were a few more around.

Onegaishimasu!!!
1) If you're a beginner, consider not making your first project a multi-person one. Think small. No, smaller than that.

2) Requests for help have their own forum here: Help Wanted.

3) I doubt you meant to say what you actually said in Japanese.
Quote:Original post by Zahlman
Admittedly, I don't know much in the way of Japanese, but doesn't that translate something along the lines of a request for tutoring?

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Quote:Original post by swiftcoder
Quote:Original post by Zahlman
Admittedly, I don't know much in the way of Japanese, but doesn't that translate something along the lines of a request for tutoring?

A little more general — it just requests something.
If this is in the wrong area, my apologies, I figured the most seasoned folks on the forum would have eyes in this area. All i'm asking for is someone to shoot my ideas at, so they can help fine tune my technique as it applies to this dev tool. If i had more skill with this stuff, i wouldn't be here. I would already be setting up stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement