• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BlackMirror

InitDirect3DDevice fails...?

This topic is 3763 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone have a clue why after compiling this example (http://www.thehavok.scene.org/scene/32bits/tutorials/directx/thebasics/tut4setupd3ddx9.php) with VisualStudio 2005 and an correctly installed DX SDK (June 08) the executable starts for a sec and then the programm quits because the InitDirect3DDevice function seems to fail? Do i have to change some settings in VS 2005 in order to run this properly? I'm sure, that the SDK is installed properly because I got no error messages during compiling. Therefore i conclude that all functions were found... I'm really looking forward to receiving some piece of help ;-)!

Advertisement
Unfortunatly the resolution is already at 32 bit. Has anyone another advice, which could help me to solve the strange problem...? Could it be that this DX 9 Application doenst run, if it was compiled with a DX 10 SDK (which I think the June 2008 SDK is...)

thanks in advance.

The latest SDK still includes D3D9, so that's not the problem. I would suggest running the sample with the debug runtimes active, that could give you some useful info as to what exactly is failing.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!