Reciving XMLSockets into C++ an sending it back the same way

Started by
4 comments, last by hplus0603 15 years, 9 months ago
I am working on a ORPG made in AS2 it is a Private Server for a already made game. Anyway the game is done using XMLSockets I need a C++ Server that can read the packets the sockets it sends. An send Packets back
Advertisement
From what I remember, a so-called XMLSocket was just a TCP socket that expects XML data (but which doesn't even require that). So, any C++ networking library which handles TCP (ie. almost all of them) will suffice. Add an XML parsing library (TinyXML works fine for me), and you're probably all set.
Some details about the communication protocol would help too, does the client system push data into the server, or does it request it first? how does it request it?

something like the SOAP definition.

maybe this'll help;

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=17_Networking_and_communications_5.html
http://www.fotofill.co.uk
Yeah tinyXML works. I will point out that those XML sockets were never intended for games. I hope you aren't sending actual XML :(. They put the binary sockets into AS3 making it much easier to work on game related things.

On a side note I know someone that is developing a large turn based game in flash and he was using XML. It's a good way to eat bandwidth that's for sure.
No, I am not sending actual XML it's binary like AS3 but I figured out how to do it in AS2.

Also I really suck with any Network API in C++ so I am also looking for someone to really make the server for me I'd be very appreciative of it.
Quote:I am also looking for someone to really make the server for me I'd be very appreciative of it.

I tried making my 13 year old stock car stereo give me an awesome sound, but couldn't really do it. I'm also looking for someone to really install a new stereo for me; I'd be very appreciative of it.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement