• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
b3rs3rk

[XNA]trouble with assemblies

This topic is 3731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've made a small game with XNA, it's a simple 2D side scroller shooter based on Star Wars (you can find it on my website, look at my signature), and now I would like to let people enjoy it, but I've a problem with XNA assemblies o_O In a nutshell, to run the game you have to install the XNA and DirectX redist. After that you're able to load the exe, the game begins...here's the ship selection screen...start...and crash! The game crashes and a message box says you need Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll . Quite annoying uh?

Advertisement
Hey,

Have you checked which version of the Microsoft.XNA.Framework dll's you are using?

To do this go to the references in the solution explorer right click on the Microsoft.XNA.Framework reference and click properties. You should see a field in the properties called version which would say 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0 etc. So now chances are that the debug version you are using to build the game is different from the release version you are running on your test machine.

That would be my first guess anyway. Though if the game is loading up fine and letting you access ship selection etc. it's a strange problem.

Good luck.

Mark.

I'm using the release version of the dlls..
I've tested the game on almost all the pc here in my office, and all of them gave me the same problem :/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!