IA64 lonker error.

Started by
6 comments, last by Enerjak 15 years, 9 months ago
I've re-installed Win vista and re-installed everything. Now I'm having a problem compiling. i'm getting this linker error:

>MSVCRTD.lib(msvcrtd.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'IA64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
1>Build log was saved at "file://g:\Stuff\SavedNeededThings\My DOCS\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Cor_Engine_Main_App - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

it's already a made project. so do i have to just start all over again? or is there a way to set it to use x64?
Advertisement
A 'lonker' error, huh? [lol]

It looks like you're trying to link dissimilar object formats, one for x86 and another for IA64. Change the target of one of them (whichever isn't the one you want) and rebuild it.
not to sound supid, but how would i do that?
You could press F1 on the error (VisualStudio), Google it, Search MSDN for it, or more generally it's in your project properties :-)
It's a one sentence answer.. no reason to tell the guy to Google it.

Right click project, Properties, Configuration Manager, Platform, New, x64
there's no x64 all i see is win32 and pocket PC and smart phone, so i think i need to install something else not sure what though
Quote:Original post by Enerjak
I've re-installed Win vista and re-installed everything. Now I'm having a problem compiling. i'm getting this linker error:

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

it's already a made project. so do i have to just start all over again? or is there a way to set it to use x64?

You're mixing IA64 and x86 code. But even worse, you want it to use x64...
IA64 != x64
IA64 stands for Intel Architecture 64, which belongs to the Intel Itanium family, incompatible with common desktop PCs

x86_64/x64/AMD64/EMT64 is a different thing, 64-bit too, but it's backwards compatible with x86, although you can't mix both codes anyway.
You need to compile a program as x64, and have both a x64 CPU- and OS-enabled

To investigate the problem, you can go to the project propierties (Alt-F7)
But I can't help you much with the little info you provided.
Also make sure you set up the SDK folders properly

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

Edit:
"The already made project", has provided source code?
Or is it a library?
Do you have WinVista x64?
Could you provide the BuildLog?
yes, vista 64, and i can give you the build log.

Build Log      Build started: Project: Cor_Engine_Main_App, Configuration: Debug|Win32 Command Lines      Creating temporary file "g:\Stuff\SavedNeededThings\My DOCS\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Debug\RSP00000832922244.rsp" with contents[/OUT:"G:\Stuff\SavedNeededThings\My DOCS\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Debug\Cor_Engine_Main_App.exe" /INCREMENTAL /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\Cor_Engine_Main_App.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"G:\Stuff\SavedNeededThings\My DOCS\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Debug\Cor_Engine_Main_App.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /MACHINE:X86 kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib".\Debug\Cor_Engine_Main_App.obj"".\Debug\stdafx.obj"".\Debug\Cor_Engine_Main_App.exe.embed.manifest.res"]Creating command line "link.exe @"g:\Stuff\SavedNeededThings\My DOCS\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Debug\RSP00000832922244.rsp" /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT" Output Window      Linking...MSVCRTD.lib(msvcrtd.dll) : fatal error LNK1112: module machine type 'IA64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86' Results      Build log was saved at "file://g:\Stuff\SavedNeededThings\My DOCS\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Cor_Engine_Main_App\Debug\BuildLog.htm"Cor_Engine_Main_App -  

also while we are on the subject.....i startedd a new console project and got these linker errors.

1>game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_Shutdown1>game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __RTC_InitBase1>LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _wmainCRTStartup1>C:\Users\Ophiel\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game\Debug\game.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Ophiel\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\game\game\Debug\BuildLog.htm"1>game - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

so, yea maybe i should of stayed with XP..... my CPU is x64 as i've ran Vista on it before and i don't think it'll work on an x86 CPU.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement