• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Barcik

Captruting IDirectSoundBuffer with effects

This topic is 3819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I have an IDirectSoundBuffer I loaded from a wave file. Now, I apply some effects to it and want to store the resutl to a different wave file. I thought about capturing it in a IDirectSoundCaptureBuffer, but understood there is no simple way to give it as input. Now, I'm thinking about somehow simply copying the memory, but IDirectSoundBuffer's lock doesn't give a read pointer. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance, Barcik [Edited by - Barcik on July 5, 2008 5:56:45 AM]

Advertisement
Not sure which language you're using but IDirectSoundBuffer8::Lock(...) and IDirectSoundCaptureBuffer8::Lock(...) are available in DX9 C++ and those calls return pointers to the locked portion of the buffer.

Is that perhaps what you're looking for?

C++ is the language.

From the reference for IDirectSoundBuffer::Lock :

Quote:
Warning This method returns a write pointer only. The application should not try to read sound data from this pointer; the data might not be valid even though the DirectSoundBuffer object contains valid sound data. For example, if the buffer is located in on-board memory, the pointer might be an address to a temporary buffer in main system memory. When IDirectSoundBuffer::Unlock is called, this temporary buffer will be transferred to the on-board memory

Quote:
..but there lock doesn't give a write pointer. Is there any way to do this?

What is your question again then?

I had understood that you were looking for a write pointer.

Sorry, I was mistaken in the description of the problem. IDirectSoundBuffer::lock doesn't return a read pointer.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!