[SlimDX] Animation

Started by
6 comments, last by skowronkow 15 years, 9 months ago
Hi! I have problem with load animated mesh from .x files (tiny.x from sdk). I've read that topic [1] and i have the same problem. Colud someone explain how to animate mesh with SlimDX (it is possible?)? [1] - http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=473504
Advertisement
If you are getting an access violation in the LoadHierarchyFromX function, that is a known issue for the June release. The problem has been fixed, but right now the solution is only in the repository. To use it, you will need to get the source from SVN and build it yourself.

If you need help doing this we will be glad to assist.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
ok, what version of vc i need to build this, and next question is when will be another version of build slimdx?
You'll need 2008 (Express should work). As for a new SlimDX release...I'm considering doing a July release. Haven't decided yet.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Unfortunately in express edition it is not possible to open this project. So i have two options. First is to wait for July (if it would be) release. Second way is to create own ee project for this. All depends on when will be next release.

Thanks!
If you PM me your email address, I'll send you a package of the current binaries.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
You can get VS 2008 Pro for free if you're currently in school (preferably in college, I don't know about others) via Microsoft DreamSpark.
Yes I know that, but i dont agree with licence terms of this version. (Maybe its stupid but this licence not allow to develop for commercial purposes, and i only work on express software:))

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement