Java me problems with different phones

Started by
2 comments, last by INsanityDesign 15 years, 9 months ago
Hi. I have been programming games in Java clds 1.0 midp 2.0. It works fine to download from my page to my SonyEricsson phone and to play but when I try to use it on a Samsung D500 and a Motorola I cant download it at all, installation problems? Is there any configuration I have to add to my games or do anyone know what the problem can be? The game is not ready yet but I can be tested at www.vftos.com/download/test/GameEngine.jad Thank for helping
Advertisement
Hi,

Have to tried your game on emulators representing the devices you're targeting?

If you're using NetBeans there's emulators available for a range of mobile phone brands such as Nokia, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Siemens, Sprint PCS and J-Phone.

Most of them provide On-Device-Debug which should provide you with information about why the installation fails.

Hope this helps,
bornander
Gonna try that. Thanks!
The problem with JavaME is that even the standardized profiles do not match on every phone (besides possible extra package differences to look after on i.e. mobilezoo). Same things may work on one phone but not on the other which needs other tricks. There are even specialized companies that do nothing but converting a source base to 100 different phone models. Why do you think you have to select your model with Jamba or Gameloft? It's not just the resolution!

I like JavaME and the programming with it but the more you try to achieve the more problems occur with a way to napless specification. First and foremost of course the problems of porting between phones. But its not just between vendors but also inside a company. For example I one programmed on the SE K800 phone emulator as I own that special cellphone. On the emulator everything worked fine, on my phone it didn't even start. I do not remember what the problem was (it was fixable after all), but I still remember that flaw that kept me sleepless.
-----The next statement is not true!The previous statement is true!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement