Sign in to follow this  
varon89

DrawText not drawing letters

Quote:
what's up with that?

Some error in your code, most likely.

Since there aren't many clairvoyants in the crowd, you might want to provide some info on what your code looks like, what testing you've done, etc.

Suggestion: take a look at the Forum FAQ for the guidelines for posting.

Strange. Very strange. You're supposed to be able to speed up drawing text by passing DrawText a sprite interface. But for me, that just makes it draw boxes. When I passed it NULL as the sprite interface pointer, it worked.

Quote:
Original post by varon89
Well, Buckeye wasn't very helpful. Drawing solid boxes in place of letters seems like a pretty clear symptom to me. Has anyone seen this symptom before?

Buckeye was being helpful, he was trying to teach you how to help yourself by giving other people enough information.

For example you could have mentioned what you were passing into the DrawText method that would have indicated to someone that you could have an incorrectly initialised sprite interface. That would help you solve multiple issues at once because you'd get your sprite interface fixed at the same time as you got your text rendered.

Andy

Quote:
Original post by varon89
Drawing solid boxes in place of letters seems like a pretty clear symptom to me.
No, it's a result. A symptom would be something like passing the incorrect flags to ID3DXSprite::Begin(). However, since you haven't shown us any code or told us anything apart from you're passing a non-null sprite pointer, it's all guess work...