Sign in to follow this  
zedd4x

Dynamic AO problem

Hi, I have downloaded the source code for Dynamic Ambient Occlusion from Nvidia's website and I am facing some problems with it. Firstly the pointer to function to the an extension namely PFNGLPROGRAMLOCALPARAMETER4FVNVPROC doesn't seem to be present. I comment the declarations and functions using it because I figured the function using it isn't being called anywhere. The code then compiles giving an error about missing LIBC.lib which I acquire from some source online. The code then builds but the desired effect in the output seems to be absent and all rendered geometry is pure black. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi !
I am also interested in that code but I didn't success in finding it on nVidia website, where did you get it ? BTW, are you talking about horizon space ambient occlusion code (link to the article published at GDC08) or an older method for AO ?

Thanks

Quote:
Original post by Shirakana2
Hi !
I am also interested in that code but I didn't success in finding it on nVidia website, where did you get it ? BTW, are you talking about horizon space ambient occlusion code (link to the article published at GDC08) or an older method for AO ?

Thanks

No I am using an olden technique called dynamic ambient occlusion.

Also I have already tried using Ignore Specific Library for LIBC.dll and still I get no good results. And Yes I have cg toolkit installed.