[solved] Trying to add .lib files VC9, VS 2008

Started by
3 comments, last by speciesUnknown 15 years, 9 months ago
HI, I am trying to add the CEGUI .lib files to my VC9 project. I added to the project settings under Configuration Properties/Linker/Input/Additional Dependencies the string "$(CEGUI_LIB_BASE)/CEGUIBase.lib". However, VS is complaining that it cannot find the system variable $(CEGUI_LIB_BASE). I have followed the instructions here in order to set a new environment variable, and have tried both user and system level variables. In both cases, the name was CEGUI_LIB_BASE and the value was "<my_folder>\Visual Studio 2008\ExtraLibs\CEGUI\" VS does not find the environment variable $(CEGUI_LIB_BASE). Is there something I have missed? Or have I somehow broken it once again? If I copy one of the .lib files directly into the VC9/libs folder it works, however there are about 90 of these libs to copy and I do not want to do it this way in case I bork something. Thanks for any advice. [edit] fixed broken link [Edited by - speciesUnknown on July 7, 2008 9:26:03 AM]
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!
Advertisement
Put .lib files somewhere in one place (like in 3rdparty_libs folder which is in same dir as solution file). And then drag&drop lib files from explorer window into studio window inside Solution Explorer pane.
Visual Studio uses the LIB environment variable to keep track of paths to search for library files. AFAIK, using that is the standard way of doing things. If you want Visual Studio can add to that variable for you if you go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories and changing the combo box in the upper right to "Library files". You can then add the path to the folder containing your lib.
Using third Party Libraries With Visual Studio

To make it is hell. To fail is divine.

Quote:Original post by Zao
Using third Party Libraries With Visual Studio

These steps made it work, thanks alot.
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement