Sign in to follow this  
DbIMKA

C# - render direct3d objects on top of VMR9 video

Hi, I've been trying to render fighter HUD on top of a video (VMR9) in C#, using DirectX 9, but have no success. I've got HUD graphics working in a separate form, but I'm having trouble to render that graphics on top of a live video. I'm using BitmapMixer sample as a base, but this sample only uses GDI output for the overlay and it does NOT update it on the fly. Am I using the wrong MDX sample? Which should I use? I'd really appreciate example or any help with this. Thanks!

If you don't get a decent response here you might like to try the DirectShowNet forums on SourceForge.

I have no idea on how to overlay graphics directly on a VMR9 texture, but I would think if you already have the video as a texture rendering on a quad using a custom allocator, you could just overlay the graphics using more quads. Or do you have to have the overlay directly on the video texture?

Quote:
Original post by Headkaze
I have no idea on how to overlay graphics directly on a VMR9 texture, but I would think if you already have the video as a texture rendering on a quad using a custom allocator, you could just overlay the graphics using more quads. Or do you have to have the overlay directly on the video texture?

I might worded it wrong.. I don't need directx graphics right into the video texture, all I need is updatable dx graphics visible on top of the video, which renders in a form.

Quote:
Original post by Promit
VMR9 uses Direct3D surfaces, doesn't it? You could blit the surface onto a D3D backbuffer or texture, then render on top of that.

This would be ideal. I'm a C++/DirectX programmer, but this is my first project with DirectShow and C# - I've been looking for the way to do that as a solution - could you please point me to the right doc, or sample? How do I access that surface of VMR9? Or how do I blit a Bitmap to the backbuffer surface?

I appreciate you help!