• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ric03uec

OpenGL openGL help required.....

This topic is 3727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi everyone, i just started off with openGL and am having problems in executing the code on devcpp. it gives the follwing errors on compile time. [Linker error] undefined reference to '_glutInitWithExit' [Linker error] undefined reference to '_glutCreateMenuWithExit' [Linker error] undefined reference to '_glutGetWindow' [Linker error] undefined reference to '_glutSetWindow' .... ...and so on i dont have any experience in openGL so please elaborate the answer a bit... thanks

Advertisement
It sounds like you're not linking your project to the GLUT library/libraries. I haven't really used it myself but you probably need to download something like glut32.lib from somewhere like here: http://www.opengl.org/resources/libraries/glut/glut_downloads.php and make sure your project is linking to it.

actually this is what i need to know..how do i link the glut dll and the libraries to my source file or project....

I don't remember exactly, because I don't use DevCpp (it was abandoned some time ago and isn't recommended anymore, Code::Blocks is a better alternative).
Try reading point 9 of this: http://www.bloodshed.net/faq.html#9

In Visual C++ 2005 express:

project properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies

Enter the file there.

The path goes here:

project properties -> Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!