• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
raistlin969

Directx 10 Fullscreen issues

This topic is 3753 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am in the process of learning Directx 10 and I have been having trouble going from a windowed app to a fullscreen one. I have read that the DXGI layer is supposed to handle this for you if you use alt-enter. So far I have had no luck. I have tried handling the WM_SIZE message and releasing my buffers and then resizing them but this has not worked either. What will happen is the screen will switch to a fullscreen mode but it will just be black, though I do have a cursor. I have tried disabling the alt-enter hook with MakeWindowAssociation and tried to make the switch manually, and have had a little bit of luck, but I have had trouble getting the transition from fullscreen to windowed to work. So far no Directx 10 books talk about fullscreen and I have done quite a bit of searching on the net, but everything that I have found and tried has not worked. I have started to wade through the source code of dxut to try to get an idea. What I am looking for is a set of steps to follow in order to get to fullscreen and back. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. I can post portions of my code but I am at work right now so I do not have that with me. Thanks

Advertisement
When you created your device did set the flags to DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_FLAG_ALLOW_MODE_SWITCH ?

Yes I did set that flag. I am really lost as to why it is not working. When I get home tonight I am going to hook up a second monitor to see if I can step through the code as it tries to go to full screen.

I have a program where the alt-enter works and I did nothing else that seting the flags.
Check if the windowed resolution is compatible with fullscreen ?
Can you post the creation of your device and the render funtion.

Squallc, thanks for responding. I figured out what was wrong when I went to look through my code to post the device creation, and I feel pretty stupid about it. I have been creating a small framework to work with while learning dx10. I have an InitGraphics function that does all of the setup for the window and directx. In that function I call the Init3d function which sets up the device, but my CreateWindow function was also calling the Init3d. So I was basically setting up the device twice. Since I fixed that I can now jump to fullscreen and that makes me happy. Thanks again for helping.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!