• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[maya]Control interface

This topic is 3578 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hy. I'm ready for start to create a plugin for maya. This is my question: Is possible to use gui interface(textboxes,buttons,combos)in mel(maya)? Thainks

Advertisement
Thanks.
Then i can use mel in c++ for create gui?
And for c++ interaction with these controls(events and values can handle and read by c++?)

Quote:
Original post by giugio
And for c++ interaction with these controls(events and values can handle and read by c++?)

Read this

No. You cannot do any GUI related code with C++ - it has to entirely within mel - and i literally mean all GUI code has to be written as a mel script!

That means you cannot create C++ event handlers, you cannot query or set GUI values by C++, you cannot create GUI via C++, you cannot delete the GUI via C++ - In short All GUI has to be done in mel script

If you need your mel GUI to talk to C++, then you can either create a new mel command (MPxCommand), create some file translator (MPxFileTranslator), a mouse driven tool (MPxContext), or some type of node (MPxNode). (Generally node's are the preferred method - ideally interacting properly within the DG)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement