Learning DirectX and SlimDX

Started by
2 comments, last by Stormtrooper 15 years, 9 months ago
Hello all...I would like to learn how to use DirectX through SlimDX. What is the best possible way to do this? Can I read DirectX tutorials and learn from those? I've looked at the SlimDX sample framework...but there very little commenting so I don't have a strong idea of whats going on and why its there. Any help or resources would be great.
Advertisement
You presumably have the DirectX SDK, so reading the tutorials and getting started guides in there should be helpful. The same principles apply in SlimDX, in general, it's just the names of the methods may change slightly. Rarely do they change enough that it's particularly difficult to locate the SlimDX counterpart.

The sample framework is not intended as a learning resource for DirectX.
Start by reading some tutorials for Managed DX or native C++ DX (your choice), and use the SlimDX MiniTri sample to get a feel for how it differs from those. After that, you should be able to translate between C++/DX and C#/SlimDX decently enough to use the tutorials out there already.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Cool, thanks for the help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement