Is there a VC 2008 CPU Core Number Setting?

Started by
5 comments, last by oler1s 15 years, 9 months ago
I was compiling a program on a quad-core cpu in Visual Studio C++ 2008, but when I tryed to run it on a single-core machine it says that I have to reinstall the program because it is incorrect (it's one exe file btw). It runs fine on a dual core though. So I think there is a project or global setting somewhere in VS that allows you to set the target cores... Is there? -Thanks
Advertisement
Try going to Project Properties->Configuration Properties->C/C++->Code Generation and set "Runtime Library" to "Multi-threaded (/MT)". Also make sure that you are using the Release build on the other machine. I can't guarantee this will work but it did for me when I had a similar problem.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Make sure you're running the Release configuration as well.
This has strictly nothing to do with the number of cores. It's simply that the runtime libraries aren't installed on the machine were it doesn't run. You can also link it with the static libs, but this isn't usually the best idea.
Quote:Original post by Yann L
This has strictly nothing to do with the number of cores. It's simply that the runtime libraries aren't installed on the machine were it doesn't run. You can also link it with the static libs, but this isn't usually the best idea.
QFT. It would help if you posted the actual error message, but like Yann L, I recognised the description as the usual "The application configuration is incorrect ..." error. Follow the advice above.
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms
Quote:Original post by Yann L

So how do I install the Runtime Libraries on the machine I need it to run on? Yeah and iMalc is right on with the error message that appears.

Quote:So how do I install the Runtime Libraries on the machine I need it to run on?
Google "vcredist 2008". Run that on the computer you want to run your program on.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement