• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] chat room system

This topic is 3573 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My story is probably the most familiar one out there. I run table top role-playing games and my group has broken up and moved to different parts of the country. I am trying to keep the games alive by getting everyone to play online. I have gone through a lot of the programs available to use for table tops but I don’t like any of them. Before I start trying to code this system myself I wanted to see if it already existed. I don’t care what it is written in and I also don’t really care how much it cost. I would prefer free but that never happens. I’m looking for a chat room system with some built in features. Features that I’m looking for are: Chat room with built in dice I would prefer the dice to be on the screen and not some command you have to type basically a ui The chat system needs to have all the same normal features of a chat room like signing up for an account, multiple rooms, admin controls. When I first started searching I didn’t think it would be that hard to find but weeks later I still haven’t found anything at all. So I think I am going to have to code it all myself but I figured if anyone would know if it existed this site would know.

Advertisement
Can't you use ventrillo (VoIP) or something for chatting? If you're playing, say, D&D, then it would be a lot easier to just talk. Though it would be nice to have a text chat as well as voice, because it is nice to have a record of some things.

I know you still need dice and whatnot, though.

i only use the chat room for the dice and information that is really important. i do use vent for the voice chat part.

I guess for now i could just use a dice rolling script as long as multiple people can connect and see each others rolls. Also it has to be web based.

I have alot of players that get mad when they have to click on so many buttons just to install something...

eventually when i have the time im going to make a entire website where the players will make and update there chars. It will then be reflected in the chat room and they can click on a attack of theres adn it will roll the dice for them. but for now i just want to play again.

While that is a good program and i have tried and liked it. Its not what im looking for. What im looking for is a web based system much like openrpg or maptool. That sounds like alot but im making it myself. What i want right now is just a simple multiplayer dice rolling script that i can run on my own server.

I dont think any of this exists

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement