• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
steveworks

C# tutorials.

This topic is 3785 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking for a good online C# tutorial seeing that I am really straped for cash right now. Books recomendations that I might find at a library would be helpful too.

Advertisement
Which ones have you already looked at and rejected as inadequate? If we know which ones you haven't liked, we can help you find one that you like more easily.

There are always the official ones. The official specification is actually quite readable as well, if you have coding experience.

Well like you said there is the official tutorials. I am only asking because I find that both books and tutorials that other people recomend tend to be better because not many people would recomend a book or tutorial that was awful.

Well, I haven't really used any to learn C# for myself, but I have looked at some before to recommend to a friend. Of course, I just Google and start at the top, so I may not be telling you much, but this one looks pretty thorough.

Really, one is just a good as another in my opinion. Once you learn the basics of the language itself, you will start searching for more specific information (how to do blah), and that is where the real learning happens.

If you ever are able to grab a book, I really like the apress books on C# (like Pro C# with .NET 3.5).

Charles Petzold gives away a free C# book called .net zero but it assumes you already have programming experience and moves pretty fast.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!