dPVS for Occlusion Culling

Started by
2 comments, last by NineYearCycle 15 years, 9 months ago
These days, I'm doing some research on Occlusion Culling. There's no doubt dPVS is a great way for that. In the paper, "dPVS: An Occlusion Culling System for Massive Dynamic Environments", I found the words "A more detailed discussion of the algorithms and their implementations can be found in the dPVS reference manual[11] The library and the test scenes are freely available for research projects and academic institutions." I am very glad to see that. But where can I get the dPVS library? Can anybody help me? My eamil is: cmmfir@gmail.com
Advertisement
dPVS is now a piece of software called Umbra

Its commercial software though so you'll not be able to get it free however there does appear to be something about trial versions.

Andy

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"

"Life is short, [the] craft long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgement difficult."

to Andy: Thank you very much for the information! Maybe I'd have a try to implement some key algorithms myself!
You're welcome and good luck with it.

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"

"Life is short, [the] craft long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgement difficult."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement