• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Buying a 3D MMORPG

This topic is 3509 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I recently came across the sale of a full 3D mmorpg, however it seems other sites have the script and it wasn't unique. I have since been looking for other sources on where I could maybe buy or place an offer on a 3D mmorpg and would like to know if you guys could put me in the right direction. Sorry if this is the wrong section for this post. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
How do you mean 'buy an MMORPG'? You could be buying code, or the servers it runs on, or even only shares of that company.

Are you trying to buy one to understand the code for it or to run it or something?

From what I know, people don't typically 'buy MMORPGs', unless you're talking about buying a copy of an MMORPG game...

Quote:
Original post by JoRd

I recently came across the sale of a full 3D mmorpg, however it seems other sites have the script and it wasn't unique.
Of course not, when you buy an off the shelf product, others can too.

Quote:
I have since been looking for other sources on where I could maybe buy or place an offer on a 3D mmorpg and would like to know if you guys could put me in the right direction.

Have $50 mil, hire a company to write one. That is about the only way.

Or, you can license an existing MMO engine, and develop the game yourself. Price tag will be smaller, but still high.

And there's also a certain point that's missing - MMOs are a service. So the software and assets are just a small part of it. Then it's hosting, advertising, administration, support, community, ....

I understand what comes when running a website.

This is the script i was referring to:

http://marketplace.sitepoint.com/listings/40177

[Gates to Heaven]

This is now not for sale though as they sellers have some issues to resolve.

It's something like that, that we are looking to buy

Given how long it takes to make one, do you seriously think many people will just put one up for sale like that? You could be waiting years.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement