• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KodeNerd

3DS Animation Parse

This topic is 3782 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been searching for quite some time and still cannot find any way to extract the animation data from 3DS files, even through many google searches (I have seen some but you had to pay to see it and I refuse to pay for something like this). Does anyone have any links to any documentation of the animation aspect of 3ds files or (free) tutorials on how to load the animation portion?

Advertisement
First, this doesn't belong here, it belongs in OpenGL, DirectX, or Game Programming I believe.
3Ds doesn't support animation very well and is no longer supported by Autodesk so I suggest you switch to Collada, .MD3, .MD5, .MS3D, or some other model file that supports animation better, or make your own if you have the time. I couldn't find one either, so I suggest using a different model file for animation.

I am sorry about posting in the wrong forum.

I guess I will first take a shot at parsing it myself and if that does not work then I will switch to another format.

3DS animation is godawful and you most likely won't get anything to export it.

My advice is to NOT USE IT!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!