• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
coldacid

Saddest video game achievements

This topic is 3658 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sad in the pathetic sense:
Getting over 99 lives legitimately in Sonic 2. There is a level design issue in the second zone that lets you get at 2 1up power-ups, provided you miss a checkpoint on purpose.. then you die, and get both of them again. took almost an hour but I'd still say it was worth doing at least once.

Advertisement
Never played it but didn't Devil May Cry 3 unlock Easy mode if you died too much on the regular mode and didn't even offer Easy from the start? That seems like a pretty bogus achievement. "Congrats, you suck!"

Moonshoe, I built a house with myself and my 4 friends to simulate us making an indie video game. After hours of building the home and the characters myself and my friends crowded around to watch their initial reactions. Minutes later the characters were making out, they were all male. I've never played the Sims since.

After I got the 1000 kills with the assault class in Day of Defeat Source, I almost cried.

They've turned a First Person Shooter game into a grind MMO that took no skill to get the achievement.

Some of them are kind of hard to get, Rationing, 4 kills with a grenade has evaded me so far. :( damn bugger enemy team and their spacing out just barely enough. 8 kills with an MG wasn't hard, neither was killing a sniper/MG from 100m away with a rocket. A kill with every weapon before you die wasn't too hard either, and 5 kills with a stolen weapon was just a joke.

The assault class in general is a joke. Seeing as it is good enough to be RUNNING and take out MGs or snipers at RANGE with reasonable reliability.

Quote:
Original post by Yann L
Quote:
Original post by coldacid
For me, the saddest is Little Rocket Man in Half-Life 2 Episode 2.

Good Lord, you actually did that ?! My respect :) After reading this hilarious review I decided to never ever even attempt this [grin]

I found the gnome, and I was like "WTF is a travelocity gnome doing here?".

So I googled it and found that page.

Oh. Dear. God.

Like you, I decided to never even attempt it. Would have sucked up too much of my life.

Quote:
Quote:
Original post by Yann L
Quote:
For me, the saddest is Little Rocket Man in Half-Life 2 Episode 2.

Good Lord, you actually did that ?! My respect :) After reading this hilarious review I decided to never ever even attempt this [grin]

Yeah, I did it.
Me too - it was totally worth it, despite the incredible hassle of chauffeuring him around.

Also, I had to do it twice since I !@#$ed up my saves the first time but more importantly because I didn't actually close the rocket door.

Congrats on that achievement. I wanted to get it as well, but maybe 5 minutes into the car ride I gave up on my "drive a bit, stop, get out, pick up gnome, gravity gun launch gnome ahead, get in, repeat" formula and left the bastard on the road.

I too made the mistake of thinking I'd be able to leave the gnome with Alyx and the Vortigaunt while I went to fetch the car :(
I probably spent more time trying to stack up some boxes so that I could try and get back to them than I did just doing the area over again.

Yay masochism!

I remember being more than a tad disappointed when General Leo was killed in Final Fantasy 6, the first time I played. Damn, you Kefka!

I think someone had later told me that there was a way to get him back. I remember searching and searching trying to figure it out. How pathetic. [grin]

Now, as for Shadow and Aerith, those were depressing too... but not as much as the good General. [razz]

With that, I will freely admit that I didn't know I was supposed to wait and I let Shadow die my first time through. [sad]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!