• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shadowfish

Game Demo: University RPG

This topic is 3752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I feel kind of badly about posting an RPG Maker game on a site with a bunch of projects done by people using challenging (read: legit) programming languages, but hey, my partner and I are designers and it's a tool we can use. Apologies for the text dump, but we have no functional website to speak of :P Sorry if I'm committing a forum cardinal sin here. Let me know and I'll try to fix it. Download for those with RPG Maker VX Download for those without it(larger, includes run time package) (if you don't like MegaUpload, we'll upload to MSN soon) Game Description This is a comedic/light-hearted RPG set at (the fictional) Jack Thompson University. At this point, it is fairly linear, but will eventually branch out to have more open gameplay. Story Synopsis Chase Radley, a sophomore at Thompson University, wakes up one morning to find almost everyone in his dorm gone. Neither he nor his roommate, Peter, remember the night before. They meet up with their floormate Chiela to explore the campus, looking for clues about what's happened to the school. Their expedition is hampered by deranged students and vicious animals that try to attack them as they go about restoring order at the university. Screens screenshot 1 screenshot 2 screenshot 3 Planned updates for next version: -More use of the "silliness counter," a gauge that measures how ridiculous the player has acted. Depending on the Silliness Level, events may play out differently. Currently implemented, but only affects 1 scene. -More relevant enemy names and graphics -General expansion, more non-linear aspects -Add a gym between the dorm and admin building -Have someone in the tutorial give the player a map -Log of information players have encountered in the Art Department (potentially, depending on demand) Eventual updates -Complete world map (currently, there's only a northeast corner) -More departments and greater number of accessible majors Helping Out If you'd like to contribute to the project, we can use help in all sorts of ways. I suspect that most people will be able to contribute to plot and character development. This game doesn't really have a plot right now, and it can always use more characters. If you want to help in these areas, it'd be much appreciated! If you have a character you'd like included in the game, let me know who the character is and what s/he'd be majoring in (or teaching, if it's an older character). Depending on what we work out for the plot, we will probably be able to use suggested characters. I can elaborate more on what I mean by this if it's unclear. We'd especially like this information from those who played: -How long did you play the game for before you completed the demo? -How was the difficulty level, both in terms of battle and puzzles? Thanks for all feedback and comments! Credits Half of this program was done by LabDesian. I just happen to have been the one who posted about it. Also, thanks to zeRobuRn on rpgmakervx.net for helping LD program the Quizzing Glass item. And credit to anyone who sequenced the MIDIs that we used. I don't know your names, but if you recognize your MIDI, tell me and I'll put them up :P Paranoid Copyright Info and Such (apologies, again, for text wall) © Copyright 2008 Sarah Herman and Gregory Herman, All rights reserved. The authors grant you the right to run this program (the "Program") for the sole purpose of displaying and interacting with the game. You may copy and distribute the Program so long as you do not make any modifications and you retain this copyright notice and the disclaimers below with each copy you make and/or distribute. THIS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED "AS IS," AND THE AUTHORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR TITLE; THAT THE PROGRAM IS SUITABLE FOR ANY PURPOSE; OR THAT THE PROGRAM INCLUDING THE USER INTERFACES WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENTS, COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF OTHER PARTIES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSSES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCLUDING AS A RESULT OF INFRINGEMENT OR PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS, LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS OR REVENUES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE PROGRAM REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE AUTHORS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!