Problems Using C::B & MinGW

Started by
4 comments, last by jake2431 15 years, 9 months ago
So, this is strange. I quit using Dev-Cpp for C::B. I installed MinGW on my own before downloading and installing C::B. Tried to build a simple program that #include-d iostream and cstdlib, but I get the error "No such file or directory" for both files. I then reinstalled MinGW, thinking the problem must be there. It wasn't. Then I installed the version of C::B that comes with MinGW. That didn't fix the problem either. Now I don't know what to do.
Advertisement
When you open up C::B, Go to Settings > Compiler and debugger.., in the window that comes up, go to the "Search directories" tab, and in the tabs on that tab, make sure that the "compiler" tab has the path to your MinGW's "include" directory, and the "linker" tab has the path to the "lib" directory.
I checked and it wasn't setup like that, but after doing as you told me, the same problem is there.
does the standard "hello world" program work? (the one that C::B comes up with when you start a new project)

Are you using a nightly, or one of the RCs?
Actually, yeah, it does word with the given hello world code, but not in my test project. I think I am using RC since I didn't get it from the nightly build section.
Oops. Thanks for the help. Not sure how I missed this, but somehow I saved it as a c file instead of a c++ file. I didn't expect that to be the problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement