• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ryandc

who wants to make a game?

This topic is 3687 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ill get straight to it. i want to make a game as im sure everyone here does or is doing but i have no where to start. for the last year ive been going over tutorial after tutorial on programs like xna, torque game engine advanced, gamestudio a7, modding programs like unreal tech 3, djinni and others ive forgotten, and iv gotten no further than i was a year ago. The problem is i have no clue whats going on with programming, and shit ive tried, books everything. It just confuses the crap out of me. im really efficient with 3d programs like maya, zbrush, mudbox, ect because in my first year of collage i thought thats all you need to make games, man was i wrong. so what i want to ask is, is there anyone interested in making a game with me, where i provide the 3d and someone does the programing, maybe even get a team of guys to help on the project. Most of us spend 90% of our day dreaming of our awesomest game concept that will take the world by storm and we think we can do it all by ourselves. This is unrealistic and will only end in tears. i realized this last night while trying to understand torque game engine (holy crap). the only way we going to get into the industry is to make fully functional games. i live in south africa and to find someone here to help out is a bit of a mission, but maybe on the net it could work. i was thinking of a game not to complicated but a good story (where we all contribute on developing), well designed characters, and a unique look. please if anyone is interested let me know i think it will be fun, and an addition to our portfolios. also if you are interested give a list of what skills you have, programming or 3d. my pros are 3d like maya, 3d max, zbrush, mudbox, bodypaint 3d. im also good with photoshop, flash, after effects, combustion and final cut pro, and script writing. ive done my degree in visual communication. cons everything else not listed above. and who knows maybe we do take the world by storm. if this thread is in the wrong place i apologize in advance, this is my first thread ever posted and im still learning about this forum thing. anyway thanks for your time

Advertisement
For Beginners was probably not the best place for this one. You might want to check out the Help Wanted forum instead. There are probably plenty of people there who could use your artistic talent. Browse through the threads and if you see something that catches your eye, respond to it.

Or, post a thread of your own explaining your talents and offering to join a team or to start your own (though, if you choose to do this you should probably flesh out a solid concept for what kind of game you want to create.) In either case, samples of your work would be considered a boon.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!