Free flame effect, more to come...

Started by
3 comments, last by Defcon1 15 years, 9 months ago
Hey everyone, I'm opening a new store online where you can buy special effects like fire and ice effects, explosions etc.... Anyway, that will be open in a couple weeks but here are links to a fire effect (.png and .tga) for whoever would like! Tell me what you think, I'd appreciate it! Thanks. www.filefactory.com/file/80adf4/n/flame01_sheet_png www.filefactory.com/file/b77238/n/flame01_sheet_tga P.S. Mirror if you like [Edited by - Defcon1 on July 12, 2008 1:19:07 PM]

Advertisement
I'm afraid there are two obvious issues with your sample:
- 2560*1024 for only 10 frames? Are you sure you need giant 512x512 sprites?
- If you use transparency, you might use a proper alpha channel as well; for a flame it's particularly important.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Yep, they are oversized on purpose, just scale them down %50 or whatever you like.

As far as the transparency goes, I think this targa was the .png sheet saved out as a targa so I'll upload the correct file soon, thanks for catching that.

Looks really good. I do like the oversize of them. Let's me control quality. Pretty easy to just open it up in Paint.NET and chop them down to fit. Thanks for putting these out and I look forward to seeing what you have in the future.

Minor nitpick, if you don't have hosting and you just want to share images, use something like Imageshack. Going through the process of that stupid FileFactory just for an image is really annoying and almost made me not bother. Since I'm such a nice guy and want others to see your hard work, here's a mirror for the PNG version:

Ok here's the new .tga file with correct color and alpha channel.

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/f7e9afd03b_10MB

Gold star for NickGravelyn, Thanks a lot for your effort!

Also, what other effects would people like to see or do you have a need for?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement