• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
La_DottA

In need of Room Bot for Garena.

This topic is 3780 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't know where to post a thread like this one but I'll give it a shot anyway. I am a moderator for the Singapore-based Garena Gaming Client (www.garena.com) Well, I'm looking a programmer who can come up with a room bot which does something like this: Banning bot suggestion How does this banning bot work ? Before starting game : Everyone has to type !game <game name> as an example. Mechanics : The bot will save the name for the players who play on game 01. After game (with leaver) : Everyone type !report <game name saved><space><leaver name><space><more leaver names if there are> Mechanics : With agreement of enough people, the banning bot will straight ban the leaver. Mechanics 2 : The game save/report availability last 3 hours after game. Precaution : After 3 hours, to report using the specific game is not valid. Example : Before starting game : <Player 1> !game gameasdf <Player 2> !game gameasdf <Player 3> !game gameasdf <Player 4> !game gameasdf <Player 5> !game gameasdf <Player 6> !game gameasdf <Banbot> game <gameasdf> saved. Ingame (leaver) <Player 3> has quit <Player 4> has quit In channel after game : <Player 1> !report gameasdf <Player 3> <Player 4> <Player 2> !report gameasdf <Player 3> <Player 4> <Player 5> !report gameasdf <Player 3> <Player 4> <Player 6> !report gameasdf <Player 3> <Player 4> <Banbot> report <Player 3> <Player 4> successful. Precaution : Game saved can only be used once per name per valid. Precaution : Players who are banned for unappropriate reason can submit a ban appeal in ban appeal section. Conclusion : This way, mods will have lesser job since leavers are more than ban appealers. --------------------- This is just rough sketch on how it should perform. IMO, only people who are directly familiar with how the client works (I'm hopeless in this field, therefore I cannot provide you with the technical information) will know how to write this bot I want. Of course, it will be a contributory effort as I have nothing but my sincerest thanks to anyone who would like to help out. If you have any questions, or doubts, in need of more information, please email me at charlemagne_rosperm@hotmail.com and/or add me up in MSN IM, and I will gladly furnish you with the details as best I can. Keywords: 1. This is a bot that will work in Garena Client (if you want to see for yourself how it works, I can send you screenies of it or you can DL and install it and have a go yourself by visiting www.garena.com) 2. This ia a gaming platform; catering generally to Defence of the Ancients (DotA) players. This is a game which runs on Warcraft III (something like how Counter Strike spinned off of Half Life) 3. This game is a 5 v 5 team game where leaving such a game is considered a serious crime. 4. To counter this problem, we devised methods like safelisting and good ol' banning system but humans can only do so much as to stop leavers from leaving completely. 5. We therefore need a bot to perform this tedious duty as it can work 24/7, staying idle in 'rooms' and wait for players to type out a ban report command, therefore creating a leaver-free and highly competitive environment in one, if not all rooms. 6. And yes, DotA is a big thing right now and growing ever bigger with regular fixtures in WCG, ESWC, Dreamhack and involves big bux. But ofc the aim of this bot is to help the public players enjoy their games as much as possible. Thanking you in advance, Adrian 'La_DottA' Lai Chief Admin of Malaysia DotA Rooms Forum Moderator of Malaysia Section DotA Contributor.

Advertisement
You aren’t getting responses because you have no visible question. This is a programming help forum, which means you need an appropriate programming related question. That doesn’t seem to be the case. In fact, it sounds like you want to hire a programmer. There is a game job listing feature on Gamedev for that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!