• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
theneonirvana

Changing Mesh Locations/Coordinates

This topic is 3687 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, so im moddifying the simple teapot application on DirectX 9 C# Programming to do a couple more things, but basicly it just loads in an array of meshes, an arreay of 3 to be exact (0 , 1 , 2) each mesh is a diffrent model loaded in from a .X file that was exported out of 3Dstudio Max 9 with Pandasofts .x Exporter for 3dsmax9 THE PROBLEM IS i cannot find a property of method or anything for the mesh or for the device that draws the mesh to render the model in a diffrent location it seems the program will only render the .X file in the location that it was modeled in in 3dsMax (ex. if u modeled it at 0, 0, 0 it would be at those coordinates in the prograzm - or for another example if u modeled a box in sMAX that was at 0,0,-100 it would be rendered REALLY far away in the C# application I NEED TO BE ABLED to move these rendered models, to diffrent co-ordinantes, i have already begun playing with the camera position and linking it to keyboard commands but my final application will not function properly without being able to change Mesh locations CAN ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE add me to msn for quick chat - theneonirvana@gmail.com

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!