• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Missing d3dx9 header file

This topic is 3568 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, I'm working through the DirectX tutorial here: http://www.directxtutorial.com/index.aspx Its fantastic, but I'm running into some problems. I'm trying to use the matrix functions but for some reason when I installed the DirectX SDK, it didn't install the d3dx9.h header file. I did a search of my C drive and found sound d3dx9 dll's but no header file or .lib files. My compiler is complaining about not being able to find "d3dx9.h" and if I knew where it was I could point it in the right direction, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere on my system. Is this header file available only to the pay version of Visual C++? (I'm using the free VC++ 2008 Express Edition) Any help would be really appreciated. Here is the error, in case it helps: fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory

Advertisement
I have never installed a DirectX9 SDK where the d3dx9.h file was missing.

Download and install the SDK again. Make sure you get the SDK, not the end user runtime.

It should work with express just fine.

The files should be located at
C:\program files\microsoft directx sdk (month year)\include
C:\program files\microsoft directx sdk (month year)\lib

You will also need to setup your project to find the libs and includes in those directories.

You can do that per project in the project properties.
Look for something similar to
"additional include directories" under the C++ section
"additional dependencies" under the linker section.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement