• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jagguy2

sockets in VB.net

This topic is 3723 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to know how to use sockets in vb.net. I want to be able to send a message "hello world" to another program it can be able to send a message back. I want to test both on my PC. q2)how different is a vb.net form to asp.net sockets ? I want to first us e a windows form

Advertisement
What have you done yourself in order to find information on Sockets in VB.NET? Have you tried to google for "VB.NET Sockets"? Because the first link on google provides a good example on how to use sockets, and it's from OnDotNet, a reputable source.

Toolmaker

yes i have a few links already but my issue was sockets in silverlight and what is can and cant do. I cant find a working example for silverlight beta 2

I had a look at this and I am confused about a few points.
http://vb.net-informations.com/communications/vb.net_socket_programming.htm

q2) what is this data type [Byte]() because i never seen VB type like this

Dim sendBytes As [Byte]() = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(serverResponse)

q3)

http://vb.net-informations.com/communications/vb.net_Server_Socket.htm

For infiniteCounter = 1 To 2
infiniteCounter = 1
'why do this line as it seems to just doesnt make sense why you set a variabl to 1, 2 times when you dont use it?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!