• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
losethos

Yet Another Library

This topic is 3721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wrote a 64-bit PC operating system for games with it's own library. 2D for the most part, but it has some nice features. Is it allowed to advertise like this? It's free, so I'm not making money and people might be interested. http://www.losethos.com Source code can have graphics. Has support for graphic objects formed by series of lines, color changes, boxes, circles, etc. These take little space and allow you to "interpolate" between frames of an image. If you want a man running, you do about 3 frames and it'll calculate the ones inbetween. It has a symmetry feature where you can mirror at a low level, or transform at a low level. I don't get out much, so I don't know what is new or not. It doesn't use graphic acceleration, but all the rendering code is open source and very easy to modify, so you could add stuff like symmetry or whatever, yourself. I made a feature where it tells you which object is nearest the cursor. I did a system-wide screen-zoom, so each app might not need one. The website has video and code samples. Maybe, you have some comments or suggestions.

Advertisement
Wow that is crazy. I don't think I'd install it as an OS, but I will probably play around with the Live CD when I get a chance :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!