• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Squallc

[Dx9] Present returns 0x88760879

This topic is 3798 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am doing 3D engine to learn about DirectX. Sometime my Present call returns an unknown error (value : 0x88760879). Does someone had already had this error ?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Squallc
Hi,

I am doing 3D engine to learn about DirectX.
Sometime my Present call returns an unknown error (value : 0x88760879).

Does someone had already had this error ?
The Debug Runtimes will tell you what it is.

EDIT: As will Googling it

Thanks,
I going to search what is exactly my problem.
I will working with maximum debug level now.

EDIT:
I already click on all google link about this error but there is no solution.
I have the same message :
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :BitBlt or StretchBlt failed in Present

According to This Link, it seems to be caused by D3D device setup failing and your code not noticing this. In any case, the debug runtimes should point out any errors - the first one is the relevant one.

That error could also be caused by a problem with your window. You see when running in windowed mode, the D3D runtime will blit the backbuffer onto the DC of the window you specified when you created the device (or the window you passed as a parameter to present). If the window handle you provided is invalid or something is messed up with that window, Present will fail. Make sure you're checking all your results from WinAPI functions like CreateWindowEx, etc.

After some bugs fixed I still have this kind of warning :

Direct3D9: (WARN) :Ignoring redundant SetSamplerState Sampler: 0, State: 18

Direct3D9: (WARN) :Ignoring redundant SetSamplerState Sampler: 0, State: 19

Any idea of how to suppress these warnings ?
I am using a shader which apply a texture and I never call SetSamplerState.

I still have my "Direct3D9: (ERROR) :BitBlt or StretchBlt failed in Present" problem.
All Win32 call succeed.

Quote:
Original post by Squallc
After some bugs fixed I still have this kind of warning :

Direct3D9: (WARN) :Ignoring redundant SetSamplerState Sampler: 0, State: 18

Direct3D9: (WARN) :Ignoring redundant SetSamplerState Sampler: 0, State: 19

Any idea of how to suppress these warnings ?

I am using a shader which apply a texture and I never call SetSamplerState.
You can turn the debug output level down a bit. With the effect framework, it's more or less impossible to do this any other way (Well, it's possible, but it's horrible).

Quote:
Original post by Squallc
I still have my "Direct3D9: (ERROR) :BitBlt or StretchBlt failed in Present" problem.
All Win32 call succeed.
Can you make up a minimal sample problem that shows this behaviour? Is that the only ERROR line in the debug spew? Is your app windowed or fullscreen? Are you passing a HWND to Present(), or just NULL? Are you absolutely sure the HWND is valid?

Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Can you make up a minimal sample problem that shows this behaviour? Is that the only ERROR line in the debug spew? Is your app windowed or fullscreen? Are you passing a HWND to Present(), or just NULL? Are you absolutely sure the HWND is valid?

I will try to make a small example this week end but I think it will has a lot of code.
Yes I only have this error.
My app is in windowed but there is the same problem in fullscreen.
I call Present with NULL (Present (NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)).
How do you check if the HWND is valid ? (I test if it is not NULL after the call of CreateWindowEx).

EDIT : I refactored my terrain engine and it seems that the problem has disapeared

[Edited by - Squallc on July 21, 2008 2:47:39 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!